Privacy of our client’s personal information is an important principle to Midtown Wellness and Belinda Hall RMT. We are committed to collecting, using and disclosing personal information responsibly and only to the extent necessary for the services we provide. The following document provides our privacy policies.
As a massage therapy clinic, we collect, use and disclose personal information in order to serve our clients.
Our primary purpose for the collection of information is to provide the best possible massage treatment. For example, we may collect your past health history, your families health history and your current physical condition to help us assess your personal health needs. Information may be kept both written and electronically. Consent may also be needed so diagnostic tests may be obtained to provide more information on your health.
Like most other organizations, we also collect, use and disclose personal information for purposes related secondary to our primary purposes. The following are our most common secondary purposes:
- To invoice clients for services provided.
- To collect unpaid accounts.
- For follow-up care.
- To remind clients of appointments.
- We retain our client information for l0 years as required by the Regulated Health Professional
Act. Some clients may return for further treatment at a later date, and their past records may be of benefit.
- For clinic events.
Belinda Hall, RMT understands the importance of protecting our client’s privacy and for that reason we take the following steps:
- All unnecessary paperwork is shredded so it cannot be seen or duplicated
- Our staff and associates are trained to collect, use and disclose personal information only as necessary and as discreetly as possible
- All files are accessed on an “as needed” basis only
- Electronic information is destroyed by deleting it, and when hard drives are discarded, they are destroyed so information cannot be accessed or duplicated.
- Clients will be notified if a breach of privacy has occurred and of actions that will be taken.